Thursday, March 31, 2011

California Club Sandwich


I have never been a huge fan of clubs, but I figured I'd try this anyway cause it just looks so yummy, and it didn't disappoint. I think it's the sour dough bread that make this sandwich so amazing. But all the flavors together were just so so good. I really liked this sandwich too, because sometime at my house it's like, ok what do we do with our chicken leftovers, and this was a easy yummy alternative to just letting it go bad in the fridge. Enjoy!!

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
  • 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
  • 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and sliced
  • 1 large tomato, sliced
  • 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
  • 12 bacon strips, cooked and drained
Directions


In a small bowl, combine salad dressing and mustard; spread on each slice of bread.


On four slices of bread layer the chicken, tomato, avocado and bacon. Top with remaining bread and serve. Recipe makes enough for 4 sandwiches.

Recipe from The Taste of Home Cookbook

2 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Any recommendations to what I can replace the avocado with? It's not a locally grown fruit here so it'll be expensive :(

FoodSnots said... Best Blogger Tips

I can't think of anything that would give the same flavor avocado would, but you would do like lettuce and purple onion. Or you could just go without the avocado and leave the sandwich as is.