Friday, April 29, 2011

Cheesecake Cookie Cups


Ok, I know, I'm sorry! I'm sure everyone is so sick of desserts right now, but I'm way to excited about this recipe to wait and post it later. I promise to post a good dinner recipe soon, and for those of you waiting for my families famous FrogEye Salad Recipe, that will be coming in a few days :) But for now, onto dessert! I made these for my in-laws Easter celebration on Sunday. I modified the recipe just a little, cause, well I'm a "from scratch" kind of girl, and the original recipe wanted you to get store bought cookie dough :/ So if you want, you can just substitute store bought cookie dough for my cookie dough recipe. I absolutely love this recipe though! It is so fun and different. Make sure when you are baking your cookie dough the first time, to watch and take them out as soon as the cookie dough has filled the bottom of the cup. I flattened my cookie dough out a little too before baking just to help, but you really don't want to bake the dough at all at this point. The more you bake it here will determine whether the cookie bottom is chewy or not. Don't stress, just check on it about every 2 minutes. One other thing I did different is, I only added cherry filling to half of the cheesecake cups. That way people that are fruit dessert people, like me, can have it with cherries, and those that don't like fruity desserts can have it without. Personally I loved it with the cherries! But my in-laws loved it without too! So you decide :) Also, I got a really good suggestion from someone, so I'm gonna start implementing it to my blog. A lot of people want to know how long the recipe is really going to take, so at the bottom of my posts I will add an "Estimated Cooking Time," just to give you an idea of what to plan for, or if you actually wanna try something that is going to take 2 hours of constant cooking. Hope this helps :)

Estimated Cooking Time: 1 hour and 35 minutes. 35 minutes to prepare and bake. Then refrigerate for 1 hour.

Ingredients
  • 1 recipe Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever, unbaked cookie dough
  • 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling


Prepare cookie dough from the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Paper-line 24 muffin cups. Place one heaping tablespoon of cookie dough in each muffin cup. Or you can just use a level cookie scoop with your cookie scooper.


Bake for about 6 minutes or until cookie has spread to edge of cup.


Beat cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, eggs and vanilla extract in medium bowl until smooth. Pour about 2 to 3 tablespoons cream cheese mixture over each cookie in cup.


Bake for additional 15 to 18 minutes or until set. Cool completely in pan on sire wrack. Top each with level tablespoon of pie filling. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

Recipe from Toll House Nestle Holiday Favorites

13 comments:

Erin said... Best Blogger Tips

No worries, I don't think I could ever tire of desserts! Especially ones like this.

FromTheHeartsOf said... Best Blogger Tips

Saw your post on cupcakes take the cake and am now following you. Your blog is too cute!

FoodSnots said... Best Blogger Tips

Erin- I never tire of desserts either :) That's probably why I make so many of them!! Thanks for commenting!

FromTheHeart- I'm so glad to have you following! And thank you! I've worked pretty hard on it, so I appreciate the compliment :)

Jess said... Best Blogger Tips

Making these Sunday, look delicious!!!

http://notebookchallenge.blogspot.com/

FoodSnots said... Best Blogger Tips

I hope you like them Jess :) Thanks for commenting!

baileyfamily said... Best Blogger Tips

Made these for a potluck and my hubbies work. They loved them. I'm going to try the chocolate covered chips next. Thanks for the yummy recipes.

FoodSnots said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm glad they were a hit BaileyFamily!! Hope you like the chips :) They are different, I'll just tell you that, but surprisingly good. Almost like a Kit-Kat in some twisted way :) Thanks for commenting!!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

looking or basic cookie recipe that can be divided then use almond paste in 1/4 of base, cream cheese with chocolate for filling, along with half glazed cherry in middle and baked. Recipe was in magazine in the early 1980's, or late 1970's, and i lost it. help would be appreciated.

celticfalcon38@shaw.ca

Tracy said... Best Blogger Tips

I was asked to bring a dessert to my in laws on Christmas Day...I plan on making these (as there will be 6 pies already), just a question though...are these made in mini muffin tins as opposed to a regular size muffin cup?

FoodSnots said... Best Blogger Tips

@Tracy I made them in the regular size muffin cups, but I'm sure it would work in the mini's too. You're just gonna want to cut down your portions and your bake time. So for the dough, I would try cooking for 2-3 minutes. And then for the cheesecakes try 8 minutes. But I would check on them often just to be sure they don't over bake.

thepetitecow said... Best Blogger Tips

O my these look DELICIOUS! I made regular yogurt cheesecake cups but i'm going to have to try these!

http://thepetitecow.blogspot.com/2012/02/lemon-cheesecake-yogurt-cups.html

Lisaboye said... Best Blogger Tips

I think I am going to make these for 4th of July mini size and do blueberry on 1/2 and cherry filling on 1/2

droolz said... Best Blogger Tips

what yummy recipes! so glad to have found you! and your funny bla-blog! thank you!