Monday, April 25, 2011

Snickerdoodles


So, this Easter weekend was so fun, but ugh, it kept me so so so busy. So I will post some of my Easter stuff tomorrow, cause I'm off to the zoo, but here is a fun recipe to tie you over. I made these for my mom the other day cause it's her recipe, and they are one her absolute favorite cookies. I feel like snickerdoodles are a really classic american favorite, but if you get a good recipe it makes them that much better. This recipe is kind of full proof. Unless you get your measurements wrong, there is really no way to botch this recipe. It is really simple, but is super delicious.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 tsp cream of tarter
  • 2 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt 1 tsp baking soda
Topping
  • 2 tbs sugar
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.


Mix the butter, sugar and eggs till fluffy and becomes a pale yellow color. In a separate bowl mix the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt together.


Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until incorporated.


Roll dough into 1 to 2 inch balls and roll into cinnamon sugar mixture. Place balls onto slightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes. Place onto a wire rack and let cool.

7 comments:

Mama Bear said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow these look great, I have never heard of them, let alone tried one (From little New Zealand)

I am soooo making these this week - thanks for the recipe!

Are they kind of like a donut?

FoodSnots said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks Mama Bear for the comment! Wow, I'm so excited to have someone from New Zealand viewing my blog :) And no, it's more of a light fluffy cinnamon sugar cookie, then a donut. But, they are so yummy! I hope you like them. And thanks so much again for the comment!

a Palate and a Passport said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi, I thought I would come over to your blog from Flickr. I haven't seen these biscuits before, they look puffy and spongy. Greetings from Sunny Germany!

Mama Bear said... Best Blogger Tips

No worries, I always have a nosey at your blog, makes my mouth water! Doesn't help being pregnant ... my life pretty much revolves around my stomach - and your recipes look so DELICIOUS!

I am definitely going to try this one!

FoodSnots said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for visiting A Palate and a Passport! And I am equally excited to see visits from Germany :) Hope you like the cookies as well! And thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from people that visit the site! So thanks for taking the time :)

Mama Bear said... Best Blogger Tips

I made these yesterday - thank you so much for the recipe! YUM YUM! They made a pretty decent sized batch too!

FoodSnots said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm so glad you liked them Mama Bear!! :)