Monday, July 1, 2013

Double Berry Vanilla Fluff Cake



First, I wanted to throw a couple more 4th ideas your way since it's coming up in a couple days!!! We'll be headed up north to my parents cabin in a little town called Springerville. I don't know why, but the valley really doesn't do anything for the 4th except for fireworks. So we try to go up north every year since Springerville does a parade, rodeo, fireworks, and 4th of July dance. It's just really a "down home" "small town" fun experience.

Last Minute 4th Ideas!!





I also have a confession. I don't know why, but I'm in love with sucking the color out of my pictures these days. I feel like it makes them look old and kind of vintage. I just love it. Is there anyone out there with this same compulsive habit? Seriously, every single picture I have to fight the urge to remove some or most of the color out of it.

Anyways, back to this cake. It kind of just popped into my head and I had to see if I couldn't make it turn out. I have this firm belief that all cakes should be super moist and melt in your mouth. I also feel like anything containing sweetened condensed milk turns out amazing. And, I really don't know where the marshmallow fluff came into play, but the combination of it all made a moist fluffy cake that literally melts in your mouth. Hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as my hubby and kids did!!

Printable Recipe

Vanilla Fluff Cake
1 16.25 ounce box white cake mix
1 7 ounce container marshmallow fluff
2 eggs
1 cup water
1 cup all-purpose flour

Topping
1 1/2 heaping cup dice strawberries
1 heaping cup blackberries
1/2 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup white chocolate chips

Vanilla Almond Glaze
1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 vanilla extract
3 tablespoons milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


In a large mixing bowl combine white cake mix.


Marshmallow Fluff.


Eggs and water.


Mix together on low speed until well incorporated.


Add flour.


Mix on low until batter is smooth.


Spread batter into a greased 9x13 inch pan.


I just couldn't resist. Had to take a close up of these gorgeous blackberries.


Evenly space first blackberries over batter. Then evenly space strawberries over batter around blackberries. Press down on berries slightly.


Pour half a can of sweetened condensed milk over berries.


Top with white chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes until edges turn golden brown and center springs back to the touch. Set aside and let cool for a couple minutes.


In a small bowl combine glaze ingredients and mix until smooth.


Drizzle over warm cake and serve.

Printable Recipe

4 comments:

Kathleen Richardson said... Best Blogger Tips

Your less-color photos are similar to those made by the Hipstamatic app on my iPad. I like the old timely look, too. 😏

Emily said... Best Blogger Tips

I just found your blog via a Facebook link and I sure hope you come back to blogging. Your recipes look phenomenal and your photography is great!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

The second reason you require a sales sheet is to give data for your prospective clients. If you are more curious about About Blend It Up - Blend It Up then you can learn more about it on thebestsmoothieblender.net.